Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Preparing To Re-Decorate - Help!!

Ok - so I sold several items of furniture, Hurricane Sandy hit NY, president Obama was re-elected, snowstorm hitting NYC as we speak & we'll be moving next week. With all that said, I've been busting my head thinking about how to decorate the next place!

I LOVE decorating but my husband doesn't understand my passion (he'd say obsession) with what will go with what!!?!? I'm certainly NOT an interior designer, so I'm asking designers or non-designers to pls give some quick input on what you think looks best. We no longer have our white french provincial sofa, it was SOLD. Boo hoo. 

However, the show must go on & I'm ready to select a new sofa, this one to be exact from Jayson Home & Garden in a velvet fabric.  I've already purchased the Madeline Weinrib greek key rug in 8x10" you see below & am keeping the Jonathan Adler lamp as well as the white IKEA floating shelves & white leather daybed (I hope). I'm also bringing with us our white lucite coffee table, I think it will make the space appear spacious because it is clear.

The Dilemma: I have no idea what color fabric to choose for the sofa. What do you think would work well with the rug below?? The rug is a blueish color with off-white Greek key around the edges. Based on the pieces you see below, what color would you select for the sofa?? YES, the python benches will be included in the mix & the sofa will also have a set of bolsters on each side of the arms.


Below are some swatches - any of these colors? or something else???


I'd love to hear your thought! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment