Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Michaela's Room Tour

Hello MBG readers! this is Michaela Warner - I'm here today to show you my bedroom makeover. What's a girl to do when she finds herself at her parent's home for the summer with a bedroom calling her name for a redesign?! Redesign it, of course!  As an interior design major and graduation soon approaching, I'm always seeking out design projects, so this summer I took on my own bedroom.  The inspiration for my room was the beautiful palette of colors seen above. 

I'm head-over-heels for Caitlin Wilson Textile's pretty fabric, so those were the hues that determined the direction of my color story!  Fresh minty walls and rejuvenating peachy pink accents - that was enough to make me go for it!

 

My DIY side came in handy when redoing my bedroom, as I needed to stick to a budget my wallet would be happy with.  I refinished the white dresser (a Goodwill find for only $70), gave the nightstand a fresh coat of dove gray paint, sewed the curtains with my sweet grandma's help, and put together a collection of architectural paintings and prints by talented artists for the gallery wall above my desk.  

Now when I'm blogging & working on client projects, I have something extra pretty and inspiring to glance up at every once and a while.  As a lover of all things handmade, I made sure to hunt down my favorite etsy shops and add some specialty pieces to my room.

I'm a firm believer in absolutely adoring the place you call home by filling it with treasures you love.  I'm also pretty sure a certain english cream golden retriever will make you smile almost every time you see her.  Meet Hope, she's my personal assistant & sometimes we take breaks to read the latest House Beautiful together :)


















Beautiful photographs {both film and digital} taken and edited by the talented Emily Scott of Gem Photo.

Source List
Paint color: Sea Cap by BEHR

Gallery Wall:

Paintings- Custom artwork by Jill Atogwe (jkatogwe@gmail.com)
Photographs- Sarah Tucker Photographyhttp://www.etsy.com/shop/sgmtucker
Letter "M"- Anthropologie

Desk:

Desk & chair: consignment
Desk lamp: West Elm
Shell frame: Anthropologie
Chair pillow: West Elm
Side storage bookcase & turquoise box: thrifted
Baskets: Michael's
Birdcage: San Francisco Flower Mart
Painting: Michaela Noelle Designs

Bed:

Bedding: Anthropologie (similar)
Pink greek key pillows: Skoope Home
Gray Euro Sham: West Elm
Accent Pillow: DIY using Caitlin Wilson Textile Fabric
Artwork above bed: custom by Michaela Noelle Designs

Bookshelves:

I Love You Blogs & Coffee print: Made By Girl
Mercury owl: West Elm
Abstract painting: Paint the Runway etsy
Succulent & mint pot: Trader Joes & San Francisco Flower Mart

Dresser:
Dresser: Thrifted and refinished with Anthropologie knobs
Lamp: Home Goods
Cake stand: Meadow Boutique

 Other:
Curtains: Sewed using Caitlin Wilson Textile Fabric // DIY here
Nightstand: Refinished from Home Goods
Large white owl: Home Goods
Rain boot painting: Custom by Jill Atogwe (jkatogwe(at)gmail.com)
Turquoise rain boot frame: Z Gallerie 
"Happy Girls are the Prettiest" print: SS Print Shop
Shell frame & candle: Anthropologie

0 comments:

Post a Comment