Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY: Brushstroke Lamp

Hi All MBG Readers, Jana Bek here & I'm so excited to share my brushstroke lamp DIY. My gourd was a sad shade of pink. 

Knowing I needed another layer of pattern for my bedroom, & drawing inspiration from the fabulous Bunny Willams Brushstroke lamp & Kelly Wearstler's killer custom wall paper, I took my little lamp to the next level.


Inspiration:




Materials:

Sad lamp
Spray Primer
Trash Bags
Patience
Paint in Pop hue
Sad, Bismol Pink Lamp:


Initial Steps:
Tie a plastic bag around the cord & the top of the lamp to protect them from primer & paint. Spray first coat of primer, let dry, then sand with fine sand paper. Depending on shade of your lamp, repeat, repeat, & repeat. I had to apply 4 coats of primer, be patient!


Next:
As the primer was white, I choose to paint my pink brushstrokes on the primer as I was OK with the color.


one more look at the inspiration 


Voila! Gorgeous brushstroke lamp!


-Post by Jana Bek
-Images by Erik Melvin




0 comments:

Post a Comment