Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Emerald Green is IN

Hi everyone, Katie here from H2 Design. And yes, by now we all know that emerald is supposedly the color of the year. But I have to admit... I wasn't completely sold on the idea immediately. 

So to help persuade myself, I gathered together some examples of successful spaces that use the trending emerald in varying doses; as an allover color (WOW!), in moderation through key anchor pieces, and as a refreshing accent.

MilesReddNewYorkKitchen
Miles Redd via House Beautiful.
MatthewBeesLivingRoom
Matthew Bees via House Beautiful.
NickeyKehoe

Okay... I think this plush emerald sofa (pictured above) may be calling my name?!
Nickey Kehoe. Photography Amy Neusinger.
NathanTurnerBotique
Nathan Turner.
HousetoHome
House to Home.
I'm personally more comfortable with the latter; decorating with emerald in moderation. How do you all feel about the color of the year? Yay or nay?
Below I've pulled together some fun emerald toned accents to sprinkle throughout your homes...
emerald_H2Design
1 - Emerald Vase, Terrain / 2 - Amazon Moss, Benjamin Moore / 3 - Emerald City, Liza Hathaway Matthews / 4 - Esme Glass Lamp, Stray Dog Designs / 5 - fabric / 6 - D.L. Rhein Basket Weave Pillow, Zinc Door / 7 - Zebra Pillow, Dwell Studio / 8 - Sanitraner Print, Anthropologie / 8 - Emerald, Glassy Baby


-post by katie hackworth

0 comments:

Post a Comment