Thursday, April 4, 2013

Design: The Entryway

Hi MadebyGirl readers, Sam here with another fabulous dose of decor.  Today's post is focused on one of my favorite rooms in a house: the entryway!


  I so adore entryways because they are the first room guests see when they arrive, and often set the tone for the rest of your home. I love to see meaningful items in an entryway, such as family photos, antiques, and other tchotchkes that represent you and your loved ones well.  This gives the entry a personality and tells a story to your guests.


An entryway allows for bold creativity and the ability to express design elements you would be to timid to use in your living or family rooms. Entrance halls are actually the perfect area to unleash your creative design daredevil and go bold, brave and creative.



If I were to re-design my entryway, I think I'd go for bold geometric flatweave rug, slipcovered chairs, and Orangerie Rose throw pillows:


Shop This Board:


How do you like to dress up your entry hall?  Do you go for bold accents or keep it more subdued?


-post by samantha penner


0 comments:

Post a Comment