Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Birthday

Today is Aug. 15th, my birthday. 

I was born 39 years ago here in NYC.  I've been through a lot of things in my life - both good & bad and like most of you, kept on moving forward. Age didn't scare me until a few days ago when I started feeling sick & ended up in the emergency room at Lenox Hill hospital. According to the doctors, they didn't find anything obviously wrong. Great. I don't know if I should be celebrating or concerned. It did remind me (after viewing my X-rays) that I had mild Levoscoliosis of lumbar spine. The first time I found this out was about 5 years ago. It has now brought up concerns about my health & posture.

So much so, that I decided I'll sign up for some type of stretching class & physical Therapy to perhaps slow down the curvature. It isn't obvious if you look at me, so don't count me out yet.... Anyone else have this?? I'm curious. The only thing I've experienced is lower back pain off & on, especially if I'm sitting in one position for too long.

Sure, I got a little sad, but my sadness stemmed from how my partner would look at me 'if' this got worse. Would he think I was ugly? not attractive? You know, all those ugly, awful thoughts we should really avoid but can't help but think about. After expressing my concerns to him he told me he would love me no matter what & that he thinks I'm beautiful both inside & out. I believe him, he's never proven otherwise. 

So today I celebrate, because it's another year of life that God has given me to live. Another year he has given me to celebrate with my family & friends. Another year to grow my business. It's another year he has given me to love HIM & care for others.
 


I am thankful & know that worrying will only cause the bad thoughts to start rolling in. So, I will continue to move forward and allow more love in my life & less worry.  I'm not going to lie, I'd rather be turning 25. But continuing to wish that would be living in the past & not in what life has for me today. 

As I look out my window the rain is starting to come down. As I look to my left I see a dog who loves me unconditionally & then I look at the bathroom mirror at what my husband wrote this morning. So cute.



Hope you're having a great day. I'll show you on My Twitter what my guy is cooking up for my Birthday later tonight! Can't wait.





-top image by janis nicolay
-bottom image by jen ramos



0 comments:

Post a Comment