Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Camo Gear on Birthday

I realized that as we get older some things don't matter as much. These days the most important things to me are my family & my faith. So, even if turning 39 (last week) wasn't the best news, it's nice to know (this year) I'm having 3 celebrations. 

I've already celebrated a few days ago - on my b-day with my sweet husband where he cooked up a nice meal for us + dessert! Today I'll be celebrating with my family + it's also my mom's birthday! Last but not least - this Friday I'll celebrate with my wonderful friends from church, all whom I cherish so much. It's a bit of a surprise party for me, meaning my guy is planning most of it, all he asked me to do was PLAN MY OUTFIT.

So, here it goes. Like many of you ladies, I LOVE fashion. 

One trend in particular I've been spotting is the ARMY & camouflage look. From tops, to jackets, to shoes, to even clutches. This trend is all about mixing up the camo gear with bright NEONS, gold accessories or just wearing it casually.  I'm really loving this look above, it's now the INSPIRATION for my B-day outfit this Friday! 
 

So far, I've got the pants from Zara, the gorgeous Brickel handbag from Alexandra Satine, the heels from Vera Wang & of course the jewelry from my own shop, MadeByGirl.


(image above jen ramos)





These are the camo pants I bought here at Zara - aren't they cute?!?? They fit really well too, although I found they run a bit small. I'm normally a size 4 - but had to get a size 6.

(image by jen ramos)

The jewelry is mostly from my shop. The cross bracelet I wear almost everyday. However the 'Jesus' bracelet is a piece I had a local street vendor make for me, it's also a favorite of mine! 

 (images by jen ramos)

The Alexandra Satine Brickel handbag. This bag is AWESOME! From looking at it you wouldn't guess, but it is a convertible handbag. You're like, "what is she talking about???" - Well, I'll just quote from Alexandra's site.

"It is Stylish yet practical by removing the bottom portion to be used as an over the shoulder bag. The tote comes with inside pockets while the bottom portion once turned into a bag has a top zipper, inside pockets and a front slip pocket. Comes with removable and adjustable chain." 


 (image by jen ramos)

The Vera Wang heels are my fave part of this outfit. I've been wanting a pair of cuff heels & finally got these.



(image above by jen ramos)


Now, I'm off to find an interesting shirt to complete the look! Do you dress up for your birthday? What did you wear??




-images from top to bottom: 




0 comments:

Post a Comment