Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY: Pouf Pin

Hello everyone! It's Anna here, and today I'm sharing a simple project that will add a soft, feminine and playful element to your outfit: a pouf pin. If you're not into complex DIY projects, this is perfect! First off, you'll need your pouf material, scissors, and a large safety pin. Your pouf material can be whatever you want it to be… mine will be made of hot pink tulle.

I folded my tulle back and forth, making about 8 inch folds. 

I then cut slits in the shape of V's in the center of my tulle. 

I knotted a separate strip of tulle around the bundle and through the V's. 

Keeping my knotted pieces separate, I trimmed the edges back so that there were no loops and each piece was the same length. I prefer to cut my edges in a zig zag. This gives the pouf more of a flower look and simulates the shape of petals. 

Separate, twist and fluff. 

Take the knotted pieces and tie them around the back side of a safety pin. 

Pin and wear.


 -images and post by ann weaver


0 comments:

Post a Comment