Friday, September 7, 2012

Style At Home Mag Feature & More

Earlier this year it was a pleasure to work with phographer Janis Nicolay - whom I always admired. So, when she emailed me about working with me, I was like "are you kidding?! Of course!

As some of you already know, Style At Home Magazine one of Canada'smost popular home design mags featured our NYC apartment in their latest issue! It's a Special issue currently in news stands & will be available until March 2013! 



It's NOT often that my HUSBAND & I get to be featured in a magazine together, so this was a unique press moment for us both! I CAN'T say I love the picture they chose, but hey, it's us. 



I also wanted to show you MORE of our livingroom - the parts that didn't get featured in the issue. It's been a CHALLENGE in a half decorating & living in a 1000 sq ft apartment, especially after living in a much larger home prior!

You may recognize a few pieces from our old place, I managed to SQUEEZE them into our current apt. What do you think so far??



The marble table above is from CB2 - however I thought it would look better with the legs painted GOLD. So, that's what they look like. The before was a light wood color. Similar style here.








The lamp below is by Jonathan Adler - It's the Meurice floor lamp & it's the most amazing lamp ever. It has a dimmer as well and a unique design on the inside of the drum. It comes in white as well!




The velvety black regency pillows on my sofa are by Jill Sorensen.




The paintings are all painted by me. Via Cocoa & Hearts.
 





One of my favorite bible scriptures framed in the living room - from Matthew 6:33



The lamp above I purchased at a vintage shop here in NYC- I actually joined a live auction to bid on it- then won! The print "Cougar Friends" I got online - click here then search for "cougar".



 Gold skull candle - by DL & Co.






Gorgeous vintage white cross from Australia - shipped to me from Claudia over at Peep My Style.





All photos minus the 2 bottom ones are by Janis Nicolay.

Also, BIG thanks to Danielle from Urban Walls & Myrna over at For the Love of Black blog for sending some mags my way!

Enjoy your weekend!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment