Monday, September 10, 2012

DIY: How To Dye Jeans

Happy Monday!!  It's Anna here, How's everyone?? Today I'm sharing a little Rit dye DIY. If you've never used it before, don't worry... this was my very 1st time working with it, and it wasn't difficult. I am loving all things maroon for Fall, so I felt it appropriate to pick their lovely burgundy color called "wine." 

With my dye, a bucket and a pair of pants in hand, I got to work. This is easy people. I'm telling you...


Following the directions on the container of dye, add the appropriate amount of dye to water.


Submerge.


Wearing a glove (or in my case a plastic bag) rotate and mix the contents of the bucket. 

After 30 - 60 minutes of soaking in dye, rinse thoroughly.


Now, here I let the pants dry and then did a 2nd round of dye to get the rich burgundy color that I was going for.


Done. They are the perfect Fall skinnies. I think you need a pair too.


-post by anna weaver


0 comments:

Post a Comment