Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fashion: Mixing Prints

Hello again MBG readers! It's Lauren, and today I thought I would bring you some styling advice on how to properly mix prints! Mixing prints can seem a little bit daunting. I know I used to be extremely hesitant when it came to pairing bold prints like leopard and floral. I mean, talk about breaking any type of conventional styling rules! 

Mixing prints started to become all the rage when the major powerhouse, J. Crew started debuting styled looks that featured combinations of gingham + paisleys, graphic prints + stripes, stripes + polka dots, and many more daring combinations. And then there is Blair Eadie, the queen of print mixing - made famous for pairing double polka dots and chevron with floral. {Who would have thought to ever pair the two?!}

Fashion houses and bloggers have broken down any timidness us ladies had about mixing prints. Something so unconventional has turned into something that just works. Here are my 6 tips to remember when mixing prints.










-post by lauren wickman



0 comments:

Post a Comment